If you asked me a year ago if I would ever be blogging about toilets, well I most likely would have laughed at you.
I have seen these before, but they are most often conversion kits and a never looked quite as nice. The Caroma Profile Smart is a Small profile toilet that has an integrated sink that uses the water before it goes into the toilet. I have told folks about these before and often get this disgusted look, if you have never had to fix one you might not know how they work. First the water fills a reservoir tank, that tank empties down into the bow through small holes at the top, the water collects in the bowl and well you know the rest. The water that goes into the reservoir is 100% clean water, same stuff you drink from the tap.
If you are in another country this may not be the case as they sometimes use grey water, which I hope catches on here, but here in the US of A we use the regular water to fill the bowl. What is more many folks put what are essentially chlorine tablets in the reservoir which creates a barrier if you will. In fact if you read any disaster preparedness guide they talk about if push comes to shove, you can drink from the reservoir (best to boil).
So what’s so great about this toilet first it actually looks somewhat attractive, the second is that it is a very narrow profile, perfect for tiny houses.
- High efficiency dual flush toilet – 1.28/0.8 gallons (4.8/3 liters) per flush
- Integrated sink for enhanced water savings
- After flushing, fresh cold water is directed through the faucet for hand washing and drains into the tank to be used for the next flush
- Unique water and space saving design
- Chrome buttons built-in to tapware design
- Easy installation
- Large trapway virtually eliminates blockages
- 12″ rough-in