The Tiny Life is growing and with it, it’s staff. The Tiny Life has been around for 6 years and wants to continue to serve it’s readers by providing high quality content that inspires, informs and builds the tiny house community. We balance providing free content with premium content because it empowers us to deliver a larger quantity of higher quality content to the community.
Required: must have personal computer, audio editing software and high speed internet in home.
You must submit with your application a resume. We strongly suggest submitting a link to a 2 minute video hosted on youtube, details in application.
About The Position:
Title: Podcast Editor
Part/Full Time: Part time, 2 to 10 hours per week, varies widely
Compensation: Varies: starts at living wage, increased for experience
This person will be responsible for assisting with editing episodes for Tiny House Chat. We are currently looking for someone to take raw .wav files then: splice, edit, add phone call, add theme song, ID3 tag, adjust audio with certain audio enhancements, export as .mp3 and upload to server. This person should have at least 100 hours experience with audio editing.
- Edit audio, add clips, splice clips, process with enhancements
- Upload and download to server
- Be able to diagnose technical issues
- Ensure quality of audio
- Turn around finished product quickly
- Other tasks as assigned
- Very good at audio edits, splicing, mixing and enhancements
- Be very punctual, good time management, able to handle a lot of tasks at once
- Understand the basics of websites, internet, etc
- Understand basics of wordpress
- Generally be Tech Savy
- Creative, curious, high energy
- Pays attention to details
- Take a task, figure out how to complete and deliver on time, know when to seek assistance
- Be proactive, use sound judgment, address things that need attention without direction