The Tiny Life is growing and with it, it’s staff. The Tiny Life has been around for 6 years and wants to continue to serve it’s readers by providing high quality content that inspires, informs and builds the tiny house community. We balance providing free content with premium content because it empowers us to deliver a larger quantity of higher quality content to the community. This position will also assist with Ryan’s other businesses as needed, so please be aware that some tasks will not be tiny house related, but more general administrative assistant role in nature. This position will potentially grow into a full time position with benefits.
Required: To apply you must live within 30 minutes of Charlotte, NC or be willing to move at your own expense. You must have a reliable form of transportation (car). You must submit with your application a resume and a link to a 2 minute video hosted on youtube.
About The Position:
Title: New Media Assistant
Part/Full Time: Part time, 30 hours per week
Compensation: Varies: starts at living wage, increased for experience
This person will be responsible for assisting with the execution of content creation, revenue generation, marketing strategy, and performing day to day tasks to support Ryan’s actives with The Tiny Life, Tiny House Conference, Advent Coworking and other related actives.
- Develop content: written, photo, video, audio and graphics
- Developing revenue streams through content, events, and sponsorships
- Assist with building traffic and executing directed conversion strategy
- Assist with day to day tasks: web research, social media, postings, and data entry
- Assist with delivering a high level of customer service
- Perform clerical and admin tasks as assigned
- Other tasks as assigned
- Able to create engaging content that readers connect with that have good spelling/grammar
- Understand the basics of web marketing, SEO and website promotions
- Ability to develop personal connection with stakeholders
- Design/edit basic graphics in Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Understand basics of wordpress
- Utilize social media outlets in a professional marketing context as part of an overall strategy
- Implement and monitor metrics to refine website, strategies, and implementations
- Be willing to do administrative tasks, transcription, research, emailing, data entry
- Creative, curious, high energy
- Ability to connect with people and gain influence
- Ability to learn new skills surrounding web, sales, marketing, and SEO
- Pays attention to details
- Take a task, figure out how to complete and deliver on time, know when to seek assistance
- Be proactive, use sound judgment, address things that need attention without direction
- Recognize areas where they can add value and act upon your ideas in a proactive manner
- Ability to stay calm and deliver quality customer service in tough situations
Oops! We could not locate your form.