Today I have a bit of housekeeping to do with The Tiny Life, I wanted to include you in this because I wanted to hear your feedback on this.
Over the past few months we have had a few comments that required attention because of inappropriate language. After running this blog for several years I am happy to say that I can still count the number of comments I have had to delete on one hand. I like to promote transparency, so I leave practically every comment up, even if it looks bad on me. The exception of to this is of course blatant spam, for some reason spammers think we all want Coach purses to the tune of 50,000 spam comments a month!
So below is the rough draft of our new comment policy, I’d like to hear your feedback on it. You can also find this under the “about us” tab.
We encourage your comments on The Tiny Life and hope you will join the discussions. While we try our best, we can’t always respond to every comment. We encourage discussion and welcome constructive criticism as we see them a way to broaden our understanding of the subject. At the same time, we expect a basic level of civility; disagreements are fine, but mutual respect is a must.
Commenting is considered an acknowledgement that you agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by The Tiny Life in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Impersonate another person.
- Post the same note more than once or “spam”
The Tiny Life has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to discriminatory comments based on age, gender, orientation, race, nationality, religious affiliation, political affiliations.
We reserve the right, but not obligated to:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with the above
By posting any comments or other material on The Tiny Life, you understand we don’t own your comments, but understand that we may use your submission for post ideas, marketing, and other related endeavors. Commenting is considered to be acknowledgment of this.
If you feel there is a comment that requires attention, please send a link to the comment to us via that contact us tab.