When you’re thinking about building a tiny house, there are a lot of questions you need to answer: Which trailer should I buy? What windows are right for me? How does everything go together?
The truth is you can build almost any tiny house you can dream of and the decisions aren’t that difficult once you understand how it all goes together. Every day I get dozens of people reaching out with a variety of questions, most often those questions demonstrate one thing: they don’t see the full picture of how the house comes together.
Once you have that foundational understanding of building a tiny house, you begin to see how design and construction interact; it brings clarity to your decisions, gives you confidence and you can evaluate options with ease.
That was my goal when I wrote How To Build A Tiny House. I wanted to give people a solid understanding of the building process and then provide focused information on how to make the big decisions. I cover, in depth, things like:
- How to choose a trailer & should I buy new/used?
- What appliances are the best option for you?
- What is the best way to anchor to a trailer?
- Which insulation is the right choice for me?
- How do I wire a tiny house?
- Screws or nails, what do I use and when?
- Where can I save money on my build?
- What tools do I really need to buy?
So our new book gives you both the important information on major decisions and background knowledge to really understand the WHY behind each decision. Once you understand the WHY, your build will be more successful, save money in key places and ensure that your house is both safe and beautiful.